Pic: Brian Mangano, who does it in a dress.
So the DDCX politburo sat down over an ale last week and finally hashed out the details for the race.
Festivities will kick off at 4pm and wind up around 9pm so we don't wear out our welcome with the neighbours.
Race classes have changed a little this time:
- Open - MTBs, folding bikes, tandems, etc
- CX - tyres <35mm, drop bars.
- SSCX, yes SSCX! - Singlespeed drivetrain (tensioners and SS kits ok), tyres <35mm, fully rigid frame, flat/drop bars, 26"/700C ok.
To begin with there will be a 'Hot Lap' / TT which will be used to seed riders, and of course there will be a prize for the fastest lap of the night. And if someone does a lap in 66.6 seconds they'll probably get a prize too.
Following that the schedule will include the following races:
- Short duration scratch and handicap racing for all classes
- Little 500 style relay race (all riders on a team must ride the same bike)
- Inaugural Brunswick CC - Dirty Deeds CX Singlespeed Cyclocross World Championship
We can't promise mud, the Great Pumpkin or fantastic prizes, but we can promise lolly bags, fun & good times.